Friday, October 26, 2007

A great Day . . .


Today has been a great day.



Doonsbury, The Sandbox finally came, and it looks great !






The pumpkin spice coffee was fantastic.








Pulling together as a group in the office, was rewarding.




The Texas Book Festival Posters were delivered, and are awesome.
Met by phone, a wonderful woman (submariner wife, Baseball fan).
Terri wrote a wonderful post on why Americans enlist, and Terri is seeing the beginnings of a dream accomplished.
Acquantances with various physical ailments seem to be getting answers, and moving toward better health.
All of my contacts in war zones, are well, and blogging steadily.
Progress is being made toward surgery.
Boston took game two.
UT plays baseball tomorrow.
Ashlee and Brooke play volley ball Saturday.
The John Deere is home, and mowing is a wonderful experience again.
There are two flat driveways to the house.
Hershey makes dark chocolate M&M’s.
Day ONE --- No Coca-Cola (I know I can, I know I can, but I really don't want to!)
Life is good !
Thank you God !
*
**
***

4 comments:

mikentexas said...

I was with you up until that last one. I don't know if I could live without at least one coke per day.

Haole Wahine said...

I have discovered I can live without chocolate, hard but achieveable. No Coca-cola ---- well, they only have Pepsi in the hospital, and Pepsi ain't COKE, so cold turkey is better. A coke is a coke is a coke is a coke. I can live with different kinds of chocolate, but a coke is a coke ain't a Pepsi. Now, I just keep having to find alternate routes around the SONIC drive-in. The SONIC in Hutto has their coke dispenser dialed in just perfect. Okay, Mikentexas (except when you're not in TEXAS) how about a little encourgaement. The thought of being stuck in a hospital bed needing a coca-cola fix is not a welcome plan. Let's see, if I take out 3 of the books from the back pack, 4 bottles of coke, just might fit.

Anonymous said...

sounds like your life is matching this beautiful weather...sans the coke/surgery stuff...

Haole Wahine said...

Hey Hope,

Been so busy haven't caught up with you in a while.

Good to see we're both enjoying this weather. It is wonderful.

my daughter or son in law will let Terri know the surgery is over and I am the proud owner of a new knee. Terri is going to send emails, or knowing her blog it. LOL

Let me know about book festival Plans. I will not call you, we talk too long. LOL that's not a knock against either of us, just the truth ! ! ! ! WE just got too much good stuff to share.